We would like to thank Lucy Musgrave who has developed this wonderful mouth-watering recipe using our black olive & pesto ready-to-eat quinoa pouches (Twitter: @lucymuz_ Instagram @puredelicious_ Facebook: Lucy Musgrave).
You will need
- 1 medium aubergine
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 black olive & pesto ready-to-eat quinoa pouch
- 5 jarred sun dried tomatoes
- 5 jarred roasted artichokes
- 5 slices jarred roasted pepper
- Large handful fresh basil
- Preheat the grill to medium, then slice the aubergine into 1cm thick circles
- Salt each aubergine slice to draw out the moisture, and leave to sit for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, peppers and basil into small pieces, and place into a bowl along with the black olive and pesto quinoa pouch. Combine well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the oil, crushed garlic, chilli flakes and oregano and mix. Soak easch slice of aubergine in the mixture, then place on a tray.
- Put the aubergine slices under the grill for a few minutes, or unitl they begin to soften and turn brown.
- Divide the quinoa between two plates, and add the aubergine slices. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.