This delicious recipe is from Lucy Musgrave, and it's not going to disappoint. Healthy, tasty and perfect for all the summer BBQ's.
You can find Lucy over here: (Twitter: @lucymuz_ Instagram @puredelicious_ Facebook: Lucy Musgrave).
(Makes 4-6 burgers)
You will need
- 1 tin drained black/red beans
- 1 cup (185g) cooked white British Quinoa Company quinoa
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 50g rolled oats OR British Quinoa Company quinoa flakes
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- Squirt BBQ sauce or ketchup (optional but recommended)
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Fry the onion in a little oil or water until soft. Add the garlic and spices, cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Place mix, along with the remaining ingredients, into a food processor. Blend until well combined but still slightly chunky.
- Shape into 4-6 burgers patties and place on a lined tray.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. You could fry in oil if you prefer.
- Enjoy on a salad, or in a bread bun with a fresh salad!