What more could you want in a breakfast, chocolate, quinoa and feeling full all morning long.
This wonderful recipe is from Oats Mugi over on Instagram - thank you very much for sharing the recipe with us.
(For one serving)
You will need
20 grams of jumbo porridge oats
20 grams of quinoa flakes
Grated courgette (optional, but it makes it extra filling and creamy)
1 tbsp cocoa powder (not hot chocolate powder)
1 scoop of chocolate protein (optional)
1 Orange sliced
- Measure out your oats and flakes and grate your courgette.
- Leave the oats and quinoa flakes in a pan overnight to soak (or you can do first thing in the morning for at least 10 minutes).
- Add enough hot water into the oats and quinoa flakes, so they are just covered.
- When ready to make, add in the grated courgette and begin to cook on a low heat.
- Stir occasionally, then add in the cocoa powder and chocolate protein. Continue to cook until the mix reaches your preferred consistency. The longer you cook for, the thicker the consistency.
- Whilst your porridge is cooking, slice your orange.
- Bring off the heat and pour the porridge into a bowl.
- Add your sliced orange and a spoonful of chocolate spread into the bowl and enjoy!