So this delicious recipe is from the wonderful Neleta from Nourish & Flourish Nutrition. If you want to find more tasty recipes, you can find them here. You can also follow Neleta on Facebook and Instagram.
Thank you so much Neleta for sharing this with us - happy cooking!
You will need
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 small squash
- 1/2 broccoli head
- 8 asparagus tips
- 1 large avocado
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 small tin of chickpeas
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a pan on medium heat add a little olive oil and then add the quinoa.
- Toast the quinoa for around 30 seconds and pour 1 cup of boiling water into the pan. Season with salt, turn down the heat and pop the lid on.
- Cook until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is nice and fluffy.
- Leave the lid on until you are ready for it.
- Cut the squash into thin slices and pop into a baking tray, add the cut up broccoli florets and season with salt. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Pop into the oven at around 180c for approx 30 minutes, making sure to turn the broccoli to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Approx 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the asparagus tips and cook for the remaining time.
- In a pan, over high heat, add some olive oil, the ras el hanout and salt. Then add your drained chickpeas and cook until warmed through.
- Stir in the hemp seeds to coat the chickpeas and add a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the spinach leaves to a lard salad bowl and season and top with the quinoa, string some of it together.
- Top the quinoa and spinach mix with roasted squash, broccoli and asparagus. Add sliced avocado, then finish off with the spiced chickpeas sprinkled all over the top.
- Feel free to add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some tahini.